If you are new and don’t know how to write an article, and don’t have a preferred publishing platform, this article is going to be your best source available online.
Let’s get started.
What is Content Writing?
Content writing is a field of online writing that is closely linked to Online Marketing. A Content Writer creates unique content – articles or blogs – for a company’s website. These articles are aimed at selling or promoting a company’s products/services or for providing information to a target audience.
Content writers are given certain instruction for every such piece of online content.
How to Write an Article?
It is a very popular question online today. There are people who write and publish content online almost every day and then there are others who have no idea about where to start.
You can always go through content writing tips for beginners on our website.
When it comes to SEO content writing, you must have a specific niche (or category) on your mind.
The niche you choose can be anything that interests you.
Step 1. Decide article writing topics in your niche
If you are a girl, you may like to write about fashion or beauty, or perhaps travel, whereas if you are a boy, your niche can be health and fitness or perhaps travel (for the same reason).
Image Source: startablog101
There are professionals who choose Internet marketing or affiliate marketing as a preferred niche.
As I said, choose anything that interests you.
Step 2. Look for trending topics in your niche
Thanks to the Internet, you have tons of resources available online at your disposal.
All you have to do is set your niche and find your topic on Google and collect the most relevant information.
Image Source: tecake
The query you type in the Google search bar is the keyword for which Google will provide you the most relevant information it can find online.
So, make sure to use common words while searching for a topic online, as this will help Google find the most relevant results based on your query.
Step 3. Collect Enough Relevant Information
On the first result page, you will see 10 links (by default) of multiple websites that provide information on the topic you have searched for.
Simply click on any of those links and read the content.
We suggest you open multiple links to collect enough relevant information so you can create an article of a good length.
Step 4. Find Your Keywords
The best way to get the most relevant keywords is using the Google AdWords keyword planner tool. However, if you do not want to go into such technicalities this soon, I suggest using the LSI keywords only.
LSI keywords are the relevant words or synonyms that you must sprinkle throughout your content. To find these LSI keywords, go to the bottom section of the search result page.
You will see 8 to 10 queries that are relevant to the search result right before you.
Make sure to copy all those search queries and there you have your LSI keywords or rather important words ready, which you must use in your content.
We believe that you now have 5 or 6 important keywords that you can either sprinkle across your article, or you can alternatively use them as subheadings depending on your article topic.
Step 5. Start Writing Now
Now that you have a topic to write on, sufficient information to create a nice long article for your target audience (of course) and keywords, you can kickstart writing your much-awaited article.
Start with a short, crisp intro and make sure to use simple words so that even a layman can understand if he lands upon your article through a relevant query on Google or any other search engine for that matter.
Key Points to Remember
- Make sure to include your target keyword in the first paragraph of your article. If possible, include your target keyword in the first sentence itself.
- Since you have enough information to create a nice long article, make sure to divide your content into multiple parts. For example, create 3 to 5 subheadings.
- Use your target keyword three to four times throughout the content, depending upon the total word count of your article.
- Write a nice 800 to 1000 words article for your readers. However, don’t write anything that is not relevant to your topic in order to increase the word count.
- Use your target keywords in H2 once or twice to give it SEO touch.
SEO Parameters in Highlights
- Include the target keyword in the first paragraph
- Use target keyword in H2 (at least once, or twice)
- Write multiple subheadings
- Keep the length of the article 800+
- Use simple words for high reliability
- Use LSI keywords
- Write a conclusion
Best SEO Plugin For WordPress Websites
- Install Yoast SEO plugin (opens in a new tab/window) on your WordPress-based website or blog.
- Write an SEO Title and use your target keyword in it – probably start your title with the target keyword.
- Write a slug and keep it short. Preferably used your target keyword in the slug.
- Write a meta description for your article and use your target keyword in it. Make sure to write a unique meta description and include all LSI keywords (you can do it).
Note: Follow the instructions given by the Yoast SEO plugin to make your article SEO-friendly.
Once you have followed all of the above-discussed steps you are good to go.
We hope that by now, you know the basics of how to write an article. However, there is more to content than just writing. You need SEO content writing tips on how to get to the top of google search results without paying.
Remember! Keep all these points in your mind while creating a fresh article for your readers.