HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card is one of the best credit cards, offered by one of the biggest private sector banks in India. This credit card by HDFC credit card comes in two different variants – VISA and MasterCard – both available for a joining fee and an annual fee of INR 500 each.
Based on when and how you apply for MoneyBack credit card by HDFC, you may get it free for the lifetime, as I got it back in 2015. In fact, out of the total 5 credit card that I have, this MoneyBack credit card by HDFC Bank was the second.
HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card Features
When it comes to features, HDFC MoneyBack credit card packs a bunch for all your shopping needs. You get reward points that are redeemable for real cashback on both offline and online transactions. Here is a comprehensive list of features:
- Earn 2 reward points on every INR 150 spent at offline retail stores
- Get 2X (i.e. 4) reward points every INR 150 spent online
- Get money credited to your credit card on redeeming reward points (INR 20 for every 100 reward points)
- No Card Lost Liability once you report the loss
- July 2017 onwards –
- No reward points for transactions like e-wallet loading and on EasyEMI conversion
- Choosing SmartEMI after transactions leads to reversal of reward points accrued
- Spent on insurance can earn a maximum of 2,000 reward points per transaction
- No reward points on fuel transactions, w.e.f. April 15, 2016
- 1% fuel surcharge waived off on a minimum transaction of INR 400 where cashback remains INR 250 per cycle of the statement.
HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card Eligibility
Like every other credit card, the Money Back credit card by HDFC bank comes with the following eligibility criteria:
- For salaried individuals
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum Age – 60 years
- For self-employed individuals
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum Age – 65 years
Let’s have a look at the fee and charged applicable to MoneyBack credit card by HDFC Bank:
HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card Fee and Other Charges
Looking at the features HDFC Money Back credit card offers, the applicable fees and other charges are negligible. The reward points you get easily make up for the charges you bear, such as
- Joining fee – INR 500 + 18% GST
- Renewal fee – INR 500 + 18% GST
- Get 500 reward points as welcome benefit and renewal benefit only when the annual fee is realized.
Note: GST applicable on joining and renewal fees will reflect on the next bill cycle.
How to Apply for HDFC MoneyBack Card?
To apply for HDFC Money Back Credit Card, you need to click here to submit your application (opens in a new tab/window) online.
- Simply enter your full name and date of birth
- Enter your Email ID and Mobile Number
- Select your City of Residence and enter Pin Code
- Enter your PAN Card Number
- Select your income bracket
Once the required information is filled/selected, fill out the captcha and hit the Submit button.
Online Shopping on HDFC Credit Cards
Today, almost everyone out there loves to shop online, preferably on Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, etc. The reason why I have mentioned these websites here is that these are quite popular online shopping sites. I personally prefer these sites depending upon the need I seek to fulfill.
With HDFC credit cards, you get exciting discounts, such as
- 5% to 10% instant discount of shopping on Flipkart/Amazon
- No Cost EMI on HDFC credit card
- Extra INR 1500 off for HDFC cardholders
These exciting features make anyone want to have an HDFC credit card. For now,
When it comes to choosing a credit card for shopping, HDFC MoneyBack credit card is all you need. As discussed above, the reward points you get on each transaction are redeemable for cash that is credited to your card directly.