In this article, we have a list of 11 best credit cards in India in 2019, which you must check out.
Credit cards literally turned out to be my savior somewhere back in time. However, for some, they have done nothing apart from creating an unnecessary financial burden.
Well, I have to say credit cards are a great source of instant finance; if not, they are way better than any instant financial help.
Table of Contents
- HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
- HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Bank Landmark Rewards Credit Card
- CitiBank Rewards Credit Card
- Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card
- Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
- IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Edge Credit Card
- CitiBank Cashback Credit Card
- SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card
- CitiBank Indian Oil Platinum Credit Card
Are Credit Cards Good or Bad?
Depending upon how you use a credit card, it can be your best financial buddy or a moneylender that keeps poking you for the pay off.
At present, I have 5 credit cards that I do make the most of them during online sales on Amazon and Flipkart to get great discounts on my shopping. Well, I’m a shopaholic! What about you?
Well, if you’re a shopaholic too, I have a list of 11 credit cards that are either free or have an annual fee that can be completely waived off when you shop around. Let’s see which one suits your needs.
Best Credit Cards in India 2019
The following is a list of the 11 Best Credit Cards in India 2019 with zero annual free or an amount that can be completely waived off.
This card comes with unsurpassed offers and rewards along with exclusive privileges. With HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, you can enjoy a range of benefits such as
- No annual and zero joining fee
- INR 2000 Cleartrip voucher
- INR 250 Swiggy voucher on your first online/offline transaction
- 10% cashback up to INR 2000 on making 9 or more transactions within 90 days of activating your card.
- BookMyShow voucher worth INR 500 on a spend of INR 50,000 in a calendar year (subject to max INR 3,000 per card per year)
- Get 2 reward point on every INR 150 spent
- Get up to 15% discount across 1000 restaurants in major cities
- Fuel surcharge waiver up at petrol pumps in India on transactions between INR 400 and 4,000 (max INR 250 per month)
- Buy 1 Get 1 Movie Ticket (up to INR 200) BookMyShow on Saturdays (once a month)
This ICICI Bank credit card offers exciting benefits and the card is easy to manage. It is based on contactless technology that enables you to make payment quickly and securely.
- No joining fee applicable if you spend INR 2,000 or more within initial 60 days
- Get 2 PAYBACK points on every INR 100 spent on retail except fuel
- Get 1 PAYBACK point on every INR 100 spent on utilities and insurance spent
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at HPCL pumps in India on a max transaction of INR 4,000, provided the card is swiped on ICICI Merchant Service POS machines only.
- Save 15% on your dining bill at more than 2,500 restaurants across 12 cities in India.
- Get your annual free of INR 99 for the subsequent year reserved on an annual spent of INR 50,000 or more.
This HDFC credit card comes with exclusive features and benefits that allow you to convert your reward points into real money.
- 2 reward points of every INR 150 spent and 2x reward points on online spends
- You can get max 2000 on insurance spends per annum
- Redeem reward points for real cash (INR 20 for 100 reward points)
- No card loss liability on reporting the same
- On 4 or above transactions every month
- Up to INR 50 Lakh accidental death insurance
- 180 days fire and burglary insurance cover for goods above INR 50,000
- INR 500 e-voucher on a spend of INR 50,000 in a quarter
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver (max. INR 250 per cycle of the statement) on fuel transactions on a transaction of minimum INR 400.
This Standard Chartered Bank credit card is a must on the list of best credit cards in India, as it offers 9x reward points on groceries and lifestyle products purchased from Landmark-affiliated stores, viz. Lifestyle, Max, Spar, Home Centre.
- Avail shopping vouchers worth INR 2,800 with card
- Annual Fee: INR 250 only
- 9x reward points on every INR 200 spent on Landmark-affiliated stores across India
- Avail a free lifetime free supplementary card for your dear one
- Securer and faster payments through the contactless card
- Secure online payments with OTP verification
- Instant payment solutions like BharatQR, and Bharat Bill Payment Solution
- Avail EMI on total outstanding at zero processing charges
- Quick conversion of purchases above INR 5,000 into EMIs
- Up to INR 5 Lakh loan on credit card
- 5% cashback on groceries purchased from SPAR up to INR 500 per month
With this CitiBank credit card, you can simply enhance your shopping experience by making it more rewarding.
- Get 10x reward points on spends at departmental stores and apparels
- Get 300 bonus reward points when you spend INR 30,000 or more in a month
- Collect your reward points and redeem whenever you want later, as these never expire
- Save 15% on spends on dining bills at participating restaurants across India
- Get 25% cashback up to INR 200 on spends on Swiggy
- 100% cashback up to INR 500 on movie tickets purchased on Paytm
- Get 20% cashback on Bigbasket
- Get INR 1200 cashback on domestic flights purchased on MakeMyTrip app
This Axis Bank credit card comes with assured secure transactions, as it comes with EMV chip. Once you get the card, you have complementary access to airport lounge among others.
- INR 1000 shopping voucher redeemable on Myntra
- Bonus 1000 eDGE Loyalty Reward Points
- Quick and easy EMI conversion
- Zero joining fee
- Annual fee INR 500 waived off on spending INR 5000 in 45 days
- You get exciting offers on entertainment
- All your transactions are safe with EMV chip installed
- Complementary access to airport lounge
- 25% cashback on movie tickets limited to INR 100 in a calendar month
- Reward points accrued on every transaction done online
Amazon Pay and ICICI Bank have recently launched a credit card that provides you with exclusive benefits on every purchase made on Amazon.in. If we talk about the best credits cards in India 2019, if you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you must have this card in your wallet.
- Non-prime customers get 3% cashback in the form of Amazon Pay balance on purchases on Amazon.in
- Prime customers get 5% cashback in the form of Amazon Pay balance on purchases on Amazon.in
- Get 2% cashback on Amazon.in purchased from 100+ Amazon Pay merchant partners when you choose to pay from Amazon Pay using this card.
- Get 1% cashback on all other purchases.
With this IndusInd Bank credit card, you get exciting best-in-class offers on travel, lifestyle, dining, and more. The card comes with PayWave feature that enables you to quickly make your payment and get going.
- This is a lifetime free credit card, i.e. no joining and annual fee
- Fuel surcharge waiver on all petrol pumps in India
- The card comes with comprehensive insurance benefit
- 4 savings points on every INR 100 spent on departmental stores
- 2 savings points on every INR 100 spent on electronics purchase
- 5 savings points on every INR 100 spent on restaurant bills
- 5 savings points on every INR 100 spent on books
- 5 savings points on every INR 100 spent on all other spends
Where 1 savings point = INR 0.5 = 0.5 airline mile.
Talking about best credit cards in India, this card has to be on the list. With this CitiBank credit card, you get cashback on every spend. As it’s clear, bigger cashbacks you get on spends, bigger savings you have every month.
- Get INR 3,300+ benefit in the initial year
- Get 5% cashback on movie tickets, telephone and utility bills
- Get 0.5% cashback on all spends on this card
- Cashback auto-credited to your credit card in multiples of INR 500
- 15% discount on dining at the participating restaurants
- Easy conversion of big transactions into small EMIs
- Get instant loan on your credit card
- Deals and discounts are applicable in India and 90 other countries
This SBI credit card brings you unlimited privileges on both online and offline transactions. The card comes with contactless technology for quick and easy payments.
- Annual fee INR 499 reversed waived off on spending INR 1 Lakh in a calendar year
- Get Amazon gift card worth INR 500 as a joining benefit
- Fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on transactions between INR 500 and 3000, which is up to INR 100 per billing cycle.
- Get 1 reward point on every INR 100 spent on the card
- Get 10x reward points when you spend on Amazon, BookMyShow, Lenskart, UrbanClap, Cleartrip, Rentomojo, and Netmeds.
Get 5x reward points on all other transactions done online.
This CitiBank credit card entitles you to earn up to 4x reward points on transactions done on Indian Oil authorized retails stores in India. You can easily redeem these reward points to save on your shopping and do more.
- Earn 4 Turbo Points on every fuel transaction of INR 150 at Indian Oil authorized retail stores in India.
- Earn 2 Turbo Points on purchase of groceries at supermarkets
- Earn 1 Turbo Point on every other purchase transaction
- Redeem Turbo Points at over 1200 Indian Oil petrol pumps for free fuel, where 1 Turbo Points = INR 1 of free fuel.
- Annual fee of INR 1,000 waived off on an annual spend of INR 30,000 or above.
So, that was a list of 11 best credit cards in India in 2019.
I have prepared this list while keeping in mind the different types of online and offline shopping needs of individuals, today.
Do let me know which one would you like to go for. Also, share with me if a credit card name that you think should be on this list.